Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jun 17: Funeral and burial costs scam

Woman's voice: "Hello. The following is an important message for seniors regarding the high cost of funeral and burial. Many Americans are unprepared for a death in their family due to the high cost of funeral and burial expenses. The average cost of a funeral runs six to ten thousand dollars. Without proper coverage, the family is left with the debt. To learn more about a program that will pay cash money to your family to help take care of funeral and burial costs, please press the one key on your telephone now. Just press the one key. Now."

It had been almost a month since I've been called by a scam recording. I guess they haven't all closed shop yet. There still have been near daily hangup calls, though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make my living suing telemarketers, junk faxers, and junk text messagers. E-mail me at harmonlaw@optonline.net. I have a free instructional phone log form to fill out when you get telemarketing phonecalls. I filed over $45,000 worth of lawsuits over calls I received in May 2009 just for myself..
Not only that but now I look forward to telemarketing calls because usually they mean $$$$$ for me.

June 19, 2009 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home