Monday, January 07, 2008

Jan 7: Recording of Cancun Mexico vacation scam

"Hello. Zeller, Bloomingdales, Macy's and even Target now have their winter displays up in two thousand and eight. Recently, a friend or family member who visited one of these stores entered your name at the customer store service kiosk. Congratulations. Your name was selected today to receive a fabulous five day vacation to our all-inclusive resort in beautiful Cancun Mexico. Followed by an exciting Orlando Florida vacation to Walt Disney World. Your accomodation, front(?) tail(?) bore(?) people, will be in our exclusive laguna suites golf and spa resort. Where you will have the option to enjoy all the meals you can eat, unlimited drinks including alcohol, water sports lessons, nightly entertainment show. And our private yacht club. Press one now to hear all of the details. And since you were selected to receive this fabulous vacation, your price today is only two hundred and ninety-nine dollars per person. And your third and fourth guests are included. So press one now to enjoy beautiful beaches, water sports, theme parks, spa, free restaurants, golfing, shopping, nightlife and relaxation. Don't miss out on this exclusive vacation. Press one now. If you would like to decline our offer, press three."

The voice sounded like the woman's voice used in lots of previous scam recordings.

I couldn't make out what she actually said where I transcribed "front tail bore people".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"... for up to four people"...

I get this message about once per week. I reallize that I'm projecting here, but if I ever encounter someone who sounds exactly like the nasally, knuckle-dragging yanky whore who keeps calling me about "beeeutiful can-coooon mexico" I'm going to tear off her skin in strips and tuck them up inside myself. Creepy, huh? Well that's what she's driving me to.

January 15, 2008 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get the call often too...always from a different state, but always the same lady's voice recording. For a different destination and different price each time. Eg, Cancun Mexico. Costa Rica. Puerto Vallarta Mexico. etc.

January 14, 2009 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got this call at work and pressed all the right buttons to talk to a live operator. I told him a fake name and told him I couldn't leave the country because of a judicial matter...I explained further that I had broke the law and the gov't would not let me leave. I figured that if they were trying to rip people off, I might as well have some fun with them. The guy hung up on me. What a hoot!

March 01, 2009 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home