Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dec 12: Recording "Kelly" at "credit card services" scam for "debt pros"

"Hi. This is Kelly at credit card services. I'm calling with an important announcement about your credit card account. This is our third attempt at reaching you. Our records indicate that you have been overpaying interest. Right now, we have you qualified to reduce your interest payment. To as low as two point nine percent. And cut your monthly payments in half. If you want to cut your monthly payment, lower your interest rate, and consolidate to one monthly payment, press one now. Again, this is your final chance to participate. So press one now. Or press three to be removed."

So many fucking lies. This recording called more than three times. All those other "final chance to participate" statements were lies.

If I get this call live rather than on an answering machine, I should ask which credit card account they are talking about. I've already asked what records they had about overpaying interest and they said that they didn't have those records, so that was a lie.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have asked them which credit card they were talking about before (When I didn't even have a credit card) They told me "Your visa card ... or master card" I asked them from which one. They said "From the bank"

I hung up on them at that time. I still get calls and tel them I am on the "do not call list" and ask for their name and number. They hang up.

December 18, 2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger Brook said...

I just received a call like this and pressed one to be connected. The telemarketer asked me if I wanted to take advantage of the deal and I told him I want to be taken off of his list. He hung up on me. The gall.

January 09, 2009 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got two of these calls within two hours but when I enquired about the company they hung up. Since the call started with an automatic announcing device they now owe me $500 (based on Washington State law where I reside.) If anyone knows the corporate info this "debt pros" company I'd like to know so I can file against them. Contact me @ citywatchmedia@comcast.net - thanks - Ben

January 15, 2009 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home