Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Keelie (or something like that) from Washington Mutual

She hesitated a for a second or so before saying my name when asking if I was there. I guess many telemarketers find my name difficult, even though my last name is the same as that of a Hollywood celebrity. She said that if I give her a bunch of information about my current mortgage, they'd give me a free estimate, and maybe I'd be able to get a lower interest rate. I declined to give any information, and instead asked her what interest rates they could offer. She said that a 10 year loan would be in the fours, or less with good credit. I said I didn't want a 10 year loan. She said that a 15 year loan would be in the low fives, or less with good credit. I said 15 years is too short. She said that a 30 year loan would be in the high fives, or less with good credit. I asked what it would be, assuming perfect credit. She said she couldn't tell me. I said it sounded unlikely that they'd have anything that would interest me. She said that if I did it, I'd get to see what it would be. I didn't say anything, but did not hang up. She didn't say anything or hang up for a few seconds. Then she asked if I was interested in the free quote. I said no. She said thank you and good bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home