Saturday, June 12, 2004

Another stupid machine

I answered the phone again this morning. There was some background noise like in a room with people talking. After a second, there was a beep and a click. I didn't say anything more. After about ten to fifteen seconds, the telemarketing phone system hung up. Perhaps these dialing machines are trying to avoid voice mail systems, so as to avoid the cost of having minimum wage and offshore human telemarketers spend time dealing with them. Telemarketing must be a really high volume business with soap-bubble thin margins for such antics. The next time this happens, I'll try saying something to see if I get connected to a human telemarketer, and use up their time by saying I'm not interested in whatever crap they're pushing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home