Saturday, May 29, 2004

Paycenter or something selling windows

The telemarketer asked a bunch of questions about me and my house. Then he said a factory representative was being sent to my house tomorrow. Since he never asked me if I was interested nor gave me any options, I finally said I wasn't interested when he said that. He then said more stuff. Then he said again that a factory representative was being sent to my house tomorrow. I said I wasn't interested again. He said if after hearing from the factory representative, I was still not interested, I could just tell him. I said that I'm saying now that I'm not interested. I heard him say "riiiight" under his breath or something as he hung up. I don't know if the factory representative will be coming to my house tomorrow. I'll probably never know.

This was another call that, when I picked up the phone, there was nobody there for a few seconds. So I knew it was a telemarketer. Because of that pause, I've decided, whenever talking to telemarketers, to not speak unless the telemarketer has said something for me to respond to, and has shut up for at least two or three seconds. Some telemarketers never shut up for that long, so they hang up before I ever say anything to them. I think that since I waited two or three seconds before saying anything, today's telemarketer asked if I understood English. I said yes after waiting three seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home