Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Some kind of coverage or something

I wasn't really paying attention to what he was selling. He started off saying his name and that he was calling from American Express. He had my name and address and asked me if his records had what he said they had. I said I'd take his word for it. Then he wanted to know my birthday. For some reason, he needed my birthday so that he could send me something. I said I wasn't interested. He spewed one more pitch for whatever he was trying to sell, and then he left the line open without saying anything more. I didn't say anything either. He hung up 20 seconds later. The telemarketing phone system didn't hang up until 20 seconds after that.

I'm not canceling my American Express card at this time. But the thought of doing so has now crossed my mind. Come to think of it, I shred a bunch of junk mail from American Express as well. But I shred even more stupid mortgage refinance and home equity loan offers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home