Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jun 10: Recording of "this is the second notice" vehicle warranty scam

Woman's voice: "This is the second notice that the factory warranty on your vehicle may have expired, and should be reactivated to protect you against the cost of repairs. If you have not responded to this notification, it's not too late. Please don't make the mistake of driving without a warranty. You are still eligible to reactivate warranty coverage. This is the final call before we close the file. Press two to be removed from the follow-up list. Or press one to speak with a representative now about your vehicle."

This is full of lies and deception: "second notice", "final call". They don't identify themselves, so it must be a scam. What is this "may have expired" weasel wording? The previous wording of "has expired" was too obviously a lie?

What does "close the file" mean? That their robocaller will have a new recording with minor changes in wording the next time around?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

I got this same call(as well as the first one). I was tempted to go ahead and speak to a person, and ask, alright, what kind of car do I drive?

My sister even got the call, and she doesn't even own a car.

July 07, 2008 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time they call, I'm going to push to talk to an operator. Then, I'm going to proceed with the most obscene death threat I can imagine. I'll threaten them and their families (mostly their kids) with horrific and devious acts of depravity. Let them call the cops on me. I'd welcome the chance to face my accuser.

February 11, 2009 6:03 PM  
Blogger A. W. said...

I have been getting this call for weeks. I only had a year warranty on my car so I figured it was a wrong number. Finally pressed 1 the other day and when I asked the lady to tell me when my warranty had actually expired, she hesitated... and kinda asked me "One year ago?" Just said I didn't need the warranty and hung up.

March 17, 2009 3:52 PM  
Blogger A. W. said...

Phone Numbers that I have been getting calls from on this same warranty scam:
706-844-1242
949-256-9116
603-214-3592
978-570-2356
203-972-8567
205-561-2815
931-634-1085
603-214-3313

March 17, 2009 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home