Friday, March 07, 2008

Mar 7: Recording of "this is the second notice" vehicle warranty scam

Woman's voice: "This is the second notice that a factory warranty on your vehicle has expired, and should be reactivated to protect you against the high cost of repairs. If you have not responded to this notification, it is not too late. Please do not make the mistake of driving without a warranty. You are still eligible to reactivate your warranty coverage. This is the final call before we close your file. Press two to be removed from the list. Press one to speak with a representative now about your warranty coverage."

This is a pack of lies, and must be a scam.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, apparently your blog is the only hit I get when I query for "This is the second notice that a factory" in google.

Anyway, I get the same thing too. Just after 5 days I switched my phone too (was getting it periodically on my previous number)! Since I haven't (technically) bought a vehicle in my lifetime and that I never gave this number to anyone other than family members this morning, I'm going to say this is a total scam as well.

I think I should've "pressed one" and cuss the person on the other end out.

July 14, 2008 12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to add. There's also a male version as well, since I got hit by both.

July 14, 2008 12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is a message from a terrorist network intended to wake up sleeper cells. I've been getting these with increased frequency over the last month or so.

October 31, 2008 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home