Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oct 16: Recording of "this is your captain speaking" scam

"Hello. This is your captain speaking. You will receive two free boarding passes for an all-inclusive cruise to Nassau, Bahamas in exchange for your answers to ten questions. This is a public opinion poll. The process is automated. Just press the keys on your telephone keypad for your answers. You will receive two free boarding passes for an all-inclusive cruise to Nassau, Bahamas when you're finished. This process only takes a minute. Press one to start the automated survey and receive two complimentary cruise passes."

"Don't miss the boat. Press one now."

There were a bunch of stupid sound effects interspersed throughout the recording.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just recieved the same call. I answered the questions, because they didn't seem too personal. The captain came back on and told me they were going to connect me with someone who would take my name as I would like it to appear on my two free boarding passes. I heard hold music and then they hung up on me. Complete waste of time, but I don't think they got anything from me.

November 05, 2007 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not sure if it is a political campaign since it had a question about healthcare for $100.00. OK, if you have no job and don't get unemployment, how is anyone going to pay $100.00 a month. It's called national healthcare, federal, dah.

There was something about a product. I never went to get the tickets on the website of "mysurveyresults.com" I didn't give them my name for the ticket either. I gave them my Dad's name, which doesn't fit the demographic of the survery I took either.

Who is this and what is it all about?????

November 07, 2007 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home