Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sep 25: Recording of extended vehicle warranty fraud

"Please listen carefully. This is an important notice regarding your automobile. We recently mailed you a postcard to activate your extended warranty coverage. This courtesy call is your final notice that your vehicle will be removed from our system. This means the opportunity to activate your extended warranty at deeply discounted rates will be lost. To speak with an agent regarding your options before the deadline, please press one now. If you wish to permanently remove your vehicle from eligibility for future coverage, press three now."

I'm guessing this is more deceptive fraud from "Dealer Services". I don't think my vehicle is what's in their system. I think my phone number is just on their sucker list. If they are lying about this being the final notice and I happen to answer the phone, they'll ask me the make and model of my vehicle, and I'll tell them that the recording said that my vehicle is about to be removed from their system and ask them why they don't know the make and model if my vehicle is still in their system.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These people are calling my pre-pay CELL phone wih this crap. When I try to tell them this they (everytime) switch me over to a recording about registering with the do-not-call list. I did that 2 or 3 years ago for my house and cell phone. There is, however no requirement for us to do it with our cell phones.

I've asked for a phone better number as well becauses the one they call from is not one you can call back to (it doesn't work) [1-352-357-4151]. If I had something other than the Nme "Melisa: and that crappy # I'd report them. Do any of you have anything better that than? I also have this # [1-239-352-5981] and it likewise leads to no where.

What have you done to keep them from calling you? My car will be 20 years old in December 2007. It's not likely that ANYONE would want to sell me a warrenty service. LOL

October 26, 2007 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just got the same call and the girl said her name was melissa also! creepy! i told her that i wanted to know how to get off the list and she said, "You can't!" and hung up! these calls are so weird! who ARE these people?!

July 03, 2008 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home