Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sept 15 6:49pm: Accelerated Funding: James

He was pretty eager to hang up on me. This was more mortgage crap. I carped on about how I never heard of them and how I couldn't know if they were a scam or not and that I get calls from scammers all the time. When I asked him what information they had about me, he said he had none, even after saying what he presumed was my name. After pressing him on that, he conceded that he had my name and phone number. He probably had my address too, but I didn't persue that.

He also said that 90% of Americans have mortgages. (He did sound non-American, so I had to have him repeat his name and the name of his organization a number of times before getting it down.) When I asked him where he got that from, he said he just presumed that. So I asked what his basis for that presumption or if he just made it up.

He was so eager to hang up, I only kept him from trying to sucker other people for 5 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home