Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nov 11: "If you are a senior citizen" scam

"If you are a senior citizen, listen closely to the following information. Each year, there has been a significant rise in the number of senior citizens suffering death and serious life-threatening injuries from a delay in response times for medical emergencies, fires, burglaries, or even a simple fall. The American Heart Association and the American Diabetic Association are urging all senior citizens to get a personal, life-saving emergency medical alert system for their home. For the first time, the Senior Medical Advisory is providing senior citizens with this life-saving emergency medical alert equipment. At no charge to seniors. Press one now. To find out how with just one push of a button, you can have a live, certified, emergency medical technician on the line to help you in just seconds. Again, press one now, and you'll never have to feel helpless, worried, or by yourself. In an emergency situation. Press five now to be removed from our senior medical advisory calling list."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These people are driving us crazy! They call several times per week, despite the fact that we are on the 'Do not call' list. Recently, they've started calling from a local area code. How can these scumbags be stopped? I'm ready to give up my AT & T land line altogether.

December 28, 2012 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm experiencing the same thing. The last time they called, I went through the process to dial through to tell them to quit calling me. I spoke with "Jennifer" who said that someone must have asked for their assistance. When I told them that was impossible, she continued to argue with me. I, too, am on the no call list. What can we do?

January 08, 2013 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go here and report them. Especially if you can give them the CallerID info!
http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

January 17, 2013 3:15 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for your blog. I got my first call from these people yesterday - I'm turning 50 this year, so that must have triggered all sorts of lovely crap headed my way! I reported them to the FCC.

January 30, 2013 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, they've been calling me almost daily on my home and fax lines (both AT&T). Driving me NUTS. I keep requesting removal, but read on another blog that by pressing "1" at any time (which I did to request they stop calling), that only gets you more calls (which it did). SO, I am taking another approach... and I do not recommend that others try this at least until I report results! It could totally backfire, but I hope it stops them:

So, this time, I answered the call and placed a "fake" order for their service - entirely fake name, bank account, address etc. keeping them on the phone for as long as possible as they transferred me from one person to another, continuously confirming my false info until I got to the last person who was a "supervisor" to whom I revealed that nothing I had told them was true, and that I intend to waste their time to the tune of 45 minutes each and every time they call if they don't remove me from their calling list. That "seemed" to make an impact (hey, time is money even in the fraud game, right??!) but we shall see. No way to otherwise report them as they keep changing their number (out of state, local, etc) and none are real. But, that's not to say that we shouldn't also continue to bug telephone providers to come up with a solution, and report it to various agencies that also have a responsibility to prevent these things from continuing. Next step is to cancel out my land lines, change numbers to unlisted, etc. but what a pain and expense. AT&T and others better figure this out or I WILL drop my phone lines! Hope those scammers all ROT in HADES. The bastids!

January 31, 2013 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home