Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Apr 1: "Rachel at cardholder services" scam

Woman's voice: "Hello. This is Rachel at cardholder services? Calling in reference to your current credit card account? There are no problems currently with your account. It is urgent that you contact us concerning your eligibility for lowering your interest rate. Your eligibility expires shortly, so please consider this your final notice. Please press the number one on your phone now to speak with a live operator and lower your interest rate. Or press the number three to discontinue further notices. Thank you. Have a great day."

So I pressed one and some scammer woman started talking to me. She asked if I pressed one to lower my interest rates, so I lied and said yes. She asked if I knew if my interest rate was over thirteen percent, and I said yes, which would not necessarily be a lie, since I could know that my interest rate was not over thirteen percent. Then she told a bunch of lies about card member services and that they sent a letter to me some time in the last thirty days and that they were calling because there was no response to this (fictitious) letter. She said some lies about Visa and Mastercard and how my payments would go towards the balance rather than high interest rates. Then, the line hung up while she was in mid-sentence. Silly scammers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home