Friday, December 26, 2008

Dec 26: Recording of "this is the second notice" vehicle warranty scam from "automotive warranty solutions"

Woman's voice: "This is the second notice that the factory warranty on your vehicle may have expired, and should be reactivated to protect you against the cost of repairs. If you have not responded to this notification, it's not too late. Please don't make the mistake of driving without a warranty. You are still eligible to reactivate warranty coverage. This is the final call before we close the file. Press two to be removed from the follow-up list. Or press one to speak with a representative now about your vehicle."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep getting calls from these people so I decided to see how far down the rabbit hole I could go. I pressed 1 to renew my car whatever and she asked what year and how many miles were on the car. I said 94 and 200,000. (Lying of course, I don't have a car) She said this only applies to cars 95 or newer and hung up on me. (WTF?) So maybe they'll never call again. but probably not. If they call, say you have a newer car and ~100,000 miles on it. Don't give them any real information, say you don't have any credit cards and lost your checkbook, but can mail them a check if you get an address. Get an address even if it's a PO Box and post it online and report them to the BBB.

January 09, 2009 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home