Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nov 25: Recording of "congress passed the mortgage cancellation relief act" scam

Woman's voice: "Congress passed the mortgage cancellation relief act to help protect homeowners like you. If you do not want to learn how to lower your principal balance, and get rid of your adjustable rate mortgage. Without refinancing. Press two now, and you will be removed from our program. Time is running out. If you would like to learn how to take advantage of this special legislation, press one now, and you will be immediately connected to one of our friendly debt counselors."

I doubt that pressing one would result in talking to someone friendly. I imagine I'd be talking to someone who would hang up on me the second I said something they didn't like or not in their script. So I think that recording is full of lies and is a scam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home