Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Aug 13: "Michael Connor" from the "loan modification department" scam

"Michael Connor calling back from the loan modification department at 1-800-935-8964. I am calling about your mortgage, as it looks your file qualifies for our loan modification and payment reduction. Uh, this program allows us to work together to reduce your loan payments and loan balance without having to refinance. So if your payments are going up, you are falling behind, or if you have been turned down for a refinance, then we can assist you in lowering your payments and avoid possible foreclosure. Uh, call us back at 800-935-8964."

This has to be a scam. I never called or contacted any "loan modification department" for any callback. I don't know what they mean by "your file". I guess that means that my phone number is on their sucker list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home