Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nov 14: Recording "Kelly" at "credit card services" scam for "debt pros"

"Hi. This is Kelly at credit card services. I'm calling with an important announcement about your credit card account. This is our third attempt at reaching you. Our records indicate that you have been overpaying interest. Right now, we have you qualified to reduce your interest payment. To as low as two point nine percent. And cut your monthly payments in half. If you want to cut your monthly payment, lower your interest rate, and consolidate to one monthly payment, press one now. Again, this is your final chance to participate. So press one now. Or press three to be removed."

I pressed one and the guy who responded said that he was an answering service for "Debt Pros". He said that he did not have any information about "Debt Pros". No address. No phone number. He said that they did not have any records about me overpaying interest or any this else about the lies in the message. He said he could transfer me to "Debt Pros" if I would give him some information, but I refused, because the lies in the recorded message makes it seem like "Debt Pros" is a scam, so he ended the call.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These people called me today, and when I asked to be removed from the list they simply hung up on me, and I have no way to track them.

November 19, 2007 8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The same thing has happened to me. We have successfully reduced the number of sales calls, but I can't get rid of this one. Like the previous commentor, they just hang up on me when I ask for their info.

November 21, 2007 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home