Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sep 4: Recording of fraud from "Heather" at "account services"

"Hello. This is Heather at account services. And we're calling in reference to your current credit card account. There's no problems currently with your account. It is urgent however that you contact us concerning your eligibility for lowering your interest rate. To as little as six point nine percent. Your eligibility expires shortly. So please consider this your final notice. Please press one now on your phone to speak with a live operator and lower your interest rate. Or press two to discontinue further notices. Thank you and have a great day."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a fairly amiable person who enjoys volunteering for charities in my spare time but I HATE Heather at "Account Services." :P I first made her acquaintance about a year and a half ago. Since then she has called with the regularity of a distant but loyal friend. I've tried varied techniques to end this stalking but to no avail. I am, of course, already on the Do Not Call list. At first when I received these calls I tried to opt out of their system by pressing the number indicated. When this didn't work, I pressed the button to speak with one of their live operators. The first time I was assured I'd be taken off their list. The second time, when I made myself heard in no uncertain terms, the operator hung up on me. The next time, I tried pretending interest in their services but when I asked for a web address for their company, the man on the other end explained they are a referral agency and so don't have a web address because they don't advertise. Apparently to Heather and her friends, calling someone's home phone about their company is not advertising. When I pressed for a physical address, he hung up on me. Lately, pressing the button for an operator simply results in another hang up. Heather's calls seem to come in bunches and then I don't here from her for a while. I guess sometimes she just needs to hear a human voice. Whenever I hear her non-human one I feel like screaming but I guess she's here to stay.

November 02, 2007 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home