Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Aug 21: Recording of fraud from "Heather" at "account services"

"Hello. This is Heather at account services. And we're calling in reference to your current credit card account. There's no problems currently with your account. It is urgent however that you contact us concerning your eligibility for lowering your interest rate. To as little as six point nine percent. Your eligibility expires shortly. So please consider this your final notice. Please press one now on your phone to speak with a live operator and lower your interest rate. Or press two to discontinue further notices. Thank you and have a great day."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Identical call at 4:35 PM on August 31. This is my third call from these fraudsters, the second after "optimg out". I thought acting old and confused would draw them like blood in the water draws sharks, but they hung up this time, too. How can I waste their time if they won't talk to me? FTC has been notified of this illegal recorded telespam on three separate occasions.

August 31, 2007 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am continuously getting harassed by these people! Heather from "Account Services?" If you try to reach them they just don't exist yet they can keep calling you day after day after day! I thought there were laws against this kind of harassment but apparently you have to pay for extra telephone services in order to trace the call, spend who knows how long on the phone contacting people to find out which department o to contact to stop this specific type of call! I told them to take me off from there call list. Months later the calls started up again. I finally picked the phone up and pressed "1" to speak to someone. They asked if I had received a call from them in the past and I said "yes. a bunch of them. I just want to know who you people are!" and they hung up on me. Somebody has just got to stop these people!

October 01, 2007 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been getting the same call for about a year. The FTC won't do anything without a real company name and/or number. I've requested to be removed (both automatically and with a person) several times. I've tried to talk to the people numerous times to get details, but am usually hung up on. These scum need to be identified and stopped.

April 02, 2008 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home