Friday, August 10, 2007

Aug 10: Telemarketer from Wells Fargo

A telemarketer from the bank called. That means this call would not have been subject to the national do not call list. The telemarketer refused to say what the call was about unless I confirmed my identity, citing privacy reasons. Since it sounded (deceptively) like it could be something to do with my account, I confirmed.

The telemarketer then said a bunch of stuff about life insurance. I asked why the life insurance pitch required identity confirmation, but didn't get a good answer, the telemarketer finally saying that it was their policy. I should have asked her "Why couldn't you just say you were selling life insurance when I asked what the call was concerning?" I probably would have gotten the same answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home