Friday, March 23, 2007

Mar 23: Recording of "Teri Jones" with fraud for the "Promotion Notification Center" aka "Travel Pros"

This recording called Oct 10, 17, 31, Nov 9 and Nov 29 in 2006 and Jan 4, 11, Feb 12, 20, Mar 9, 14 and Mar 23.

"Hi. This is Teri Jones from the Promotion Notification Center. Congratulations. You have been preselected to receive a complimentary promotional trip to Honolulu Hawaii. Your Hawaiian vacation includes round-trip airfare, as well as hotel accomodations. To claim your vacation, please press the number one key now. Or press three to be removed from the marketing list."

When this recording called Feb 12, I pressed one and had to deal with a hostile telemarketer for "Travel Pros" that said she removed my phone number from their database. Obviously, she's a liar and "Travel Pros" or the "Promotional Notification Center" is a fraud and a scam.

This time, I pressed one during the first sentence. The telemarketer said they were "Travel Pros". He refused to give a phone number or an address. He said they had no external phone numbers. He said company policy didn't allow him to give their address. He didn't give me any reason when I asked how I could be sure that "Travel Pros" or "Promotion Notification Center" was not a scam. When I tried to ask why the recording identified them as "Promotion Notification Center" instead of "Travel Pros", he switched me to a phone number removal recording and got to enter a phone number. The recording said something about distributing the phone number to a bunch of places, so I got leery and entered a fake number. I don't know why they have this enter your phone number bullshit, since they should already know the number they just called.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home