Friday, November 18, 2005

Nov 18: Answering machine spam: Recording of Michael at "cardholder services"

The fraudulent sounding recording of Rachel at "cardholder services" called Sep 15, Oct 4 and Nov 16. The fraudulent sounding recording of Michael called Nov 18.

"Hello. This is Michael at "cardholder services", calling in reference with your current credit card accounts. There are no problems currently with your accounts. However it IS urgent that you contact us concerning your eligibility for lowering your interest rates to as little as 6.9%. As your original notice stated, in order for you to qualify, you must currently owe $2500 or more in major credit card debt and be a U.S. cardholder. Your eligibility expires shortly, so please consider this your final notice. Or press the 8 key to discontinue further notices. Please press the 9 key on your phonepad now to speak to a live operator and lower your interest rates. Thank you and have a great day."

What a load of lies. Who the fuck are they and how the fuck do they know whether there are any problems with my credit card accounts? How would I contact them if they just spew crap on my answering machines without providing a phone number or address or something? What original notice are they referring to? The fraudulent calls from the recording of Rachel, which didn't contain any such conditions for qualifying? How do they know whether someone at my phone number owes $2500 or more in major credit card debt and is a U.S. cardholder? If there's nobody at my number that is a U.S. cardholder, why are they calling? And if there is somebody at my number that is a U.S. cardholder, how do they know that? This is the fourth time a recording from "cardholder services" has called my answering machine saying I should consider it my final notice. How final can it be if it lands on my answering machine at least 4 times?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home