Thursday, November 17, 2005

Nov 17: Answering machine spam: Recording of Erin

This recording has called on Sep 19 and Nov 17.

"Hi. This is Erin, and I have GREAT news about your mortgage. According to our records, your interest rate can be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. Please press the 9 key on telephone now, and your loan representative can INSTANTLY give you your new monthly payment. Again, press the 9 key now for your new monthly payment. Or press 8 to be removed from our calling list."

Sounds like bullshit to me. Whenever I ask telemarketers what they have in their records, they just about never say there is anything other than a name, an address, and a phone number. I don't see how that information can indicate that my "interest rate" can be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. I've also never talked to a telemarketer that would INSTANTLY give me a new monthly payment. They always are trying to extract information from me, and refuse to give any numbers without any answers from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home