Saturday, October 15, 2005

Oct 15 4:02pm: "Stephanie" from Anaheim Hills Funding

Since she wouldn't give up, I tied her up for over 30 minutes. Apparently, they get their information about me from banks. She wouldn't tell me if they get that information for free or why banks give them that information. She said that any other company would only offer 6.5% or higher rates on 30 year fixed rate loans and that they could offer better than 5.5%. So, the national average for 30 year fixed rate loans is 5.59%. So I asked how that could be. I guess it's standard telemarketer practice to make fraudulent statements.

Apparently, the room is filled with about 50 telemarketers, and she typically calls 900 people a day. If that's one minute per call, that's 15 hours.

By refusing to give her information for free, she become no longer sure that I even even have property or a mortgage. She then asked if I wanted to buy property in California. I answered that it would depend on things like price, location, and so on. Out of that, she seemed to get the impression that I was actively looking to buy property in California and wanted to know what kind of loan I would want for buying that property.

At one point, she repeatedly asked if I was interested in doing business with them. Eventually, I said that I was not interested. Perhaps she though I said I was interested, because she kept talking to me for at least 5 minutes after that.


A few hours later, it appears that "Anaheim Hills Funding" telemarketers have been calling my answering machine. Perhaps they are trying to harass me now. One of the messages consisted of phone tones. Maybe they were trying to access my answering machine. Stunts like these strengthen my opinion that offshore telemarketers are shady and fraudulent operations.


Oct 17: It seems that these telemarketers are still calling my answering machine. Unethical practices from unethical businesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home