Monday, August 29, 2005

Aug 29 8:54pm: Parsec: Dennis Smith: Paul Smith

I'm annoyed enough to resume my logging. Eventually, I may become annoyed enough to try the do not call list.

Parsec: Mortgage telemarketer. The telemarketer claimed his name is "Dennis Smith".

My new tactic: Ask them why they keep asking about my mortgage when I get junk mail that purports to know that information. If they say that that the junk mailers buy that information, then I'll ask them why I should tell them for free.

Another new tactic: Ask them if I'm on some sucker list, because I get so many telemarketers calling me.

"Dennis Smith" eventually passed me on to "Paul Smith".

I apparently upset "Paul Smith" so much that his final words were "Hang up already! Hang up!"

WIth a little regret, I think I've given up on not being rude. However, I'm glad that I've never said anything abusive. I've just become very insistent with my questioning of why they need my information, and have been persistent in refusing to tell them any information that they don't already have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home