Thursday, July 22, 2004

Recording of Kelly from National Vacations

She said a bunch of crap, and then said to speak with a representative, press 9, so I pressed 9. After being on hold for a while, I asked the representative what the recording said. He said that I was getting three different vacations. He then asked if I was married. I said again that I didn't pay attention to the recording and asked what it was about. He again said I was going to get three different vacations. I said that the recording was a bit longer than that. I think he hung up after that. A bunch of weird fake busy sounds came from the phone. After a couple of minutes, while I was typing this, there was a ringing, and then another man said hello. I said hello, but he didn't seem to hear me. There's been nothing but static on the line since. I've been on the line for about two minutes after the original representative hung up on me, typing this.

It's been two more minutes. I hope I'm tying up at least a miniscule portion of the telemarketer's resources. It would suck if I'm not.

There's another fake busy signal after another minute.

It's been over ten minutes since the representative hung up on me. The telemarketer system is still not hanging up on me. I'm going to put the phone down and wait until the off hook beeping comes out of the phone.

It's now been over a half hour since the start of the phone call. There's no sound from the phone. I'll press * and see what happens. Nothing. I'm putting the phone back down.

An hour and fifteen minutes since the phone rang. The telemarketer still hasn't hung up. It's after nine in the evening here, but the telemarketer could be calling from anywhere. I'll press # and see what happens. Nothing.

It's been over two hours since the phone rang. It looks like this will be the first time I'll be hanging up on a telemarketer in over six months or so. But first, I'll press 9 and see if that does anything. Nothing. Maybe some other numbers will do something. After a few minutes, there was a click, and then the phone company unreachable number recording got called up. I guess the telemarketer did hang up while I was randomly pressing numbers. Another pointless victory for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home