Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Feb 3: Recording of "the federal government has awarded seven hundred billion dollars for mortgage bail out" scam

Man's voice: "The federal government has awarded seven hundred billion dollars for mortgage bail out. To see if you qualify for your home loan to be modified, press one. We are currently targeting homeowners in your county for mortgage payment reduction. Press one to speak with an authorized agent now. Press two to be excluded from this offer."

So I pressed one. Then, I asked if I qualified. The man said I had to answer some questions to find out if I qualified. He asked if I was behind on my mortgage. I said no. He asked if I was in financial difficulty. I said no. He said their program was not for me and "thank you for calling". I didn't call them. Why would I call a scam operation? Plus, they called my work phone number, which, as far as I know, is an employee number, not a homeowner number. What is the mortgage "bell" (as it was pronounced in the recording) out anyhow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home