Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sep 16: Recording of "don't be alarmed" scam

Woman's voice: "Hello. Don't be alarmed. But this is your final notice for lower interest rates on your current account. This offer expires today. Press one and speak to your account manager and reduce your rate. Again, press one now. This is the last offer of the season. Or press two to discontinue further notices. Thank you and have a great day."

"This offer expires today"? "This is the last offer of the season"? This recording has called twice before, so those are all lies. The "your account manager" and "your current account" are also scams and lies.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got the same call. But it was from a "private #" so I couldn't report it to "DONOTCALL.gov"

September 17, 2008 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been getting that call (I assume, as I hang up after "Don't be alarmed" every time) bi-weekly for months now. It goes through my cell phone only.

Very annoying.

October 03, 2008 12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've gotten this call many times, and pressed the option to be removed from the list every time... Hasn't worked. I finally pressed 1 this time so I could talk to someone. A man named "Mark" answered the phone. When I kindly asked him to remove my number from the list, he hung up on me. Sooo irritating!!!

October 30, 2008 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home