Thursday, August 28, 2008

Aug 28: Recording of "this is the second notice" vehicle warranty scam

Woman's voice: "This is the second notice that the factory warranty on your vehicle may have expired, and should be reactivated to protect you against the cost of repairs. If you have not responded to this notification, it's not too late. Please don't make the mistake of driving without a warranty. You are still eligible to reactivate warranty coverage. This is the final call before we close the file. Press two to be removed from the follow-up list. Or press one to speak with a representative now about your vehicle."

I pressed one, and talked to some guy. Eventually, he said, "I'm going to hang up on you because I don't think you're telling me the truth." And then he hung up on me. Unfortunately, I didn't tie him up from scamming other people for very long, so next time, I'll tell them some more plausible bullshit. That recording is full of lies and has called me lots and lots of times, so I don't feel bad at all about telling them lies in an attempt to tie up their call center personnel, keeping them from scamming more people than they otherwise would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home