Thursday, June 26, 2008

Jun 26: Recording of scam from "Heather" at "account services" or "credit services"

"Hello. This is Heather at account services. And we're calling in reference to your current credit card account. There's no problems currently with your account. It is urgent however that you contact us concerning your eligibility for lowering your interest rate. To as little as six point nine percent. Your eligibility expires shortly. So please consider this your final notice. Please press one now on your phone to speak with a live operator and lower your interest rate. Or press two to discontinue further notices. Thank you and have a great day."

I pressed one. The guy said they were "Credit Services". The guy said to qualify, I needed at least three thousand dollars in credit card debt, at least nine point nine percent interest rate, and have good standing with one card. I asked for the address and phone number of the corporate headquarters, if there is one, of "Credit Services". He wouldn't tell me and said I had to be qualified in order to learn that information. I told him that I didn't want to deal with them if they are a scam, so I need to know who they are. He still refused to tell me, and said that I had to be a customer to be able to get that information. He also said they sent me mail, from "Credit Services", and that they were making a "courtesy call" because there was no response to that. I think that was a lie, but I didn't say that. I certainly don't recall getting any junk mail from "Credit Services", but if I do, I'll make note of the return address.

He also said they weren't a scam before refusing again to tell me what the address and phone number of their corporate headquarters are, but he gave me no reason to stop believing that they are a scam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home