Friday, September 15, 2006

Sep 15: Recording of Michelle with "cardholder services"

This fraudulent recording has called Sep 15. A similar fraudulent recording has called Sep 5. The fraudulent recording of Rachel at "cardholder services" called Sep 15, Oct 4, Nov 16, Dec 19 in 2005, Jan 3, Feb 1, Feb 7, twice on Mar 2, Apr 7, Apr 10, May 1, May 23, May 25, Jun 29, Jul 11, Aug 18, Aug 21 and at work on Dec 2, Dec 30 in 2005, Mar 7, and Jun 20. The fraudulent recording of Heather at "account services" called May 1 and Jul 28. The fraudulent sounding recording of Michael called Nov 18 in 2005.

The recording went something like this:
"Hello. This is Michelle with cardholder services, and we're calling in reference to your current credit card account. There's no problems currently with your account. It is urgent however that you contact us concerning your eligibility for lowering your interest rate. To as little as 6.9%. Your eligibility expires shortly, so please consider this your final notice. Please press nine to speak to a live operator..."

I pressed nine, and got some obnoxious music for a minute. Then, the phone system clicked a while and eventually hung up on me. So even the "press nine to speak to a live operator" bit was fraudulent. I was prepared to ask them what they knew about my credit card account. I wonder what kind of bullshit response I would have gotten. If they had said they didn't have my credit card account status, I would have told them to go get it, as their call said that they're calling in reference to it. If they had tried to pump information about my account out of me, I'd have refused to answer and I'd have asked them why they can't get it from their records.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home