Friday, September 30, 2005

Sept 30 7:06pm: "Christina" with Earthlink

I tied her and "Milton Adams" up for about 15 minutes, much of which happened because they'd launch into their scripts after I said things they presumably didn't have any reasonable response to. They have my name, address and phone number. She said they came from a survey, which I said I didn't recall filling out. I think it was eventually explained that their "survey" was them getting lists of names, addresses, and phone numbers from phone company listings and filtering out those for which a call to an Earthlink access point would be long distance.

"Milton Adams" got the impression that I don't own a computer, since I said that I didn't have one on hand or in sight, which was true while I was on the phone. He then asked me for phone numbers of friends and relatives. I said I didn't want to inflict telemarketing called on my friends and relatives. He then gave me the Earthlink phone number. He asked me twice if I was writing it down. I said no both times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home